Home Dialysis Nursing & Support
Nursing encompasses autonomous and collaborative care of individuals of all ages, families, groups, and communities, sick or well and in all settings. It includes the promotion of health, the prevention of illness, and the care of ill, disabled and dying people.
Dialysis Nurses provide care and support for patients suffering from acute and chronic renal (kidney) failure.
Are you a Home Hemo or PD Patient?
Are you currently undergoing outpatient treatment for dialysis at home? Are you in need of some support or assistance. The hospital nurses are restricted to providing a limited number of hours of training and home support for clients undergoing PD therapy or Home Hemodialysis. Our dialysis nurses can help maintain the standards required to administer safe hemodialysis or PD treatment, provide support, and reinforce any teaching required.
Our Dialysis Nurses can provide the following specialized services:
- Preparation of dialysis equipment, dialysis machines and dialysis treatment.
- Oversees the dialysis treatment from start to finish
- Cannulates accesses and or accessing venous accesses, PD lines and central lines
- Initiation and discontinuation of dialysis treatment
- Cleans and dresses permanent and temporary catheters
- Monitors patient and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records
- Identifies irregular dialysis reactions and notifies appropriate medical team members
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness, by explaining: post-treatment home
care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication, if needed
- Maintains medical inventory
- Provides pre- and post procedure care to patients within their homes
- Machine troubleshooting,
Health Meadows Nursing Dream Team
The Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) at Health Meadows have regulated health professionals who provide quality nursing services in the comfort of your home. We offer a wide variety of services for people suffering from a chronic disease or recovering from an illness, surgery or hospitalization. Our Nurses are available 24/7 for your short or long-term care needs.